The system developed with Microsoft – Award winning Ford SYNC – has been upgraded with a new “911 Assist” feature for vehicle emergencies. The best news, there is no monthly fee! If you are in an accident that makes your air bags deploy SYNC will dial emergency services using your connected phone. The “911 Assist” will be available later this year and current SYNC versions will be update able.
Now, let’s get SIRIUS! Ford SIRIUS Travel Link navigation system will be introduced this summer in the 2009 Lincoln MKS. This SIRIUS Travel system offers uninterupted coast-to-coast coverage using the existing SIRUS infrastructure.
From the Press Release:
Specifically, the Ford SIRIUS Travel Link system provides information on:
- Traffic Data: SIRIUS Travel Link combines real-time traffic speed and flow data with accident and incident information to allow the user to navigate around congested areas.
- Weather: SIRIUS Travel Link shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and five-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds, and even ski resort conditions.
- Fuel Prices: Drawing on information from more than 120,000 gas stations, SIRIUS Travel Link sorts fuel options by price, distance or alphabetically. If requested, the navigation system can route users to the gasoline station with the lowest fuel price.
- Sports: No matter your passion – NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, NCAAF, NCAAB, and golf – SIRIUS Travel Link provides scores and schedules and can be personalized for the user’s selected teams.
- Movies: With listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters, SIRIUS Travel Link helps consumers plan ahead by providing movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths. Using the Ford navigation system, the data can be sorted by distance. If requested, the navigation system can route users to the selected movie theater.
Video from Autoblog.com: