How much air pressure do my tires need?
- Recommended tire pressure is clearly marked on the serial plate on the car or truck door; however, each vehicle is different.(i.e. 40psi)
Why is proper tire inflation crucial?
- It provides efficiency and safety while driving
- Insures that there is no overheating of the tires
- On average the life of your tires will be greater
- You will get optimal fuel mileage as well as the handling of your vehicle will be at its highest
- Accurate tire pressure is important to insure the ability of minimum payloads and tow capacities.
38% of all vehicles have at least one Tire under inflated
Consumers should remember that fuel economy is dependant on proper air pressure. Monitoring air pressure regularly, and using proper inflation pressures as directed by the vehicle owner’s manual, is the best route to ensure maximum fuel economy and maximum tire life.
Regardless of Vancouver Island temperature, tires lose between 1-2 psi per month. In addition, for every 7 degrees Celsius drop in temperature, a tire will lose another pound of pressure. So a tire left unchecked from the time it was filled in warm June to 35 psi, is down 12psi in cooler November. That under inflation is going to hurt fuel economy, traction, and increase tire wear.
In Nanaimo, Tires are important not only for traction on the wet Nanaimo roads, proper tires are vital when it snows on Vancouver Island. You want your vehicle to be able to have traction in the rain, slush and ice!
The engine and brakes of a vehicle work directly through the tires. Even the most advanced traction and stability control systems are limited by the tire’s ability to hold the road. If a consumer has tires that are worn, under inflated, or not suited to the environment, they put themselves, their vehicle, and others at risk.
We sell tires for all makes and models, not just Ford and Lincolns any vehicle in Nanaimo can be outfitted with Tires in our shop. Call Kevin, Mitch or Ken 250-758-7742 today to get your tires.
Tires purchases include National Warranty Coverage and a free Multipoint inspection while installed in our shop. Installation costs are $20 Mount & Balance per tire plus, of course, the taxes and enviro fees.