Well, the winter months are behind us. While here on Vancouver Island we may not have as hard a winter as the rest of Canada, but it still takes a toll on your vehicle. Just like we do a little spring cleaning around the house here are a few things you can do to do a little vehicle spring check up on your car.
- Check your tires: Winter can take a toll on your tires, so it’s a good idea to check them for wear and tear. Make sure the tread depth is still adequate and that the tire pressure is at the recommended level.
- Change your oil: Winter weather can also cause your oil to thicken, making it less effective at lubricating your engine. Consider changing your oil and oil filter to ensure your engine runs smoothly.
- Get your vehicle detailed: Winter weather can leave your car covered in dirt, salt, and grime. Give your car a good wash, paying special attention to the undercarriage to remove any salt that could lead to rust.
- Check your brakes: Winter driving conditions can be tough on your brakes. Have them checked to ensure they’re in good working condition.
- Replace your wiper blades: Spring showers are inevitable, so make sure your wiper blades are in good condition to keep your windshield clear.
- Check your fluids: Check your coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and power steering fluid to make sure they’re at the appropriate level and not contaminated.
- Inspect your battery: Cold weather can take a toll on your battery. Have it inspected to make sure it’s holding a charge and isn’t corroded.
If these are things you’d rather leave to the professionals, give us a call or complete the form below to book an appointment and we can help you with all your vehicle service and maintenance needs.